We use our social media channels to talk, listen and share with you.
What we share
We use our social media accounts to share:
- news about the department’s work
- upcoming events
- opportunities to Have Your Say
- how to apply for grants or other funding
- updates on committees, portfolio agencies and other organisations
- community feedback on our policies, activities and initiatives
Stay in touch
You can be part of these discussions.
Connect with us and our portfolio agencies. Find us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube. We also publish RSS feeds.
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Information covering all aspects of our work
Key aspects of our work
Australian Antarctic Division
Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Sciences (ABARES)
Commonwealth Environmental Water Holder
National Landcare Program
Links to the social media pages for the individual national parks managed by Parks Australia, the Australian Marine Parks and the Australian National Botanic Gardens are available on the Parks Australiawebpage.
Supervising Scientist Branch
Threatened Species Commissioner
Our Portfolio Agencies
Australian Fisheries Management Authority
Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority
Bureau of Meteorology
Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority
Regional Investment Corporation
Find our RSS feeds.
Using our channels
Responding to comments and questions
We aren’t always able to respond to individual comments or questions. If a question, theme or topic is raised frequently, we will aim to provide an answer.
Our interactions on social media are informal. We will direct you to public information and formal channels for feedback.
You agree to:
- treat other people using the platforms with respect and courtesy
You also agree not to post any material that:
- is offensive, obscene, vulgar or violent
- vilifies or discriminates against any particular gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital or domestic status, race or ethnicity, criminal record or political opinion
- is fraudulent, deceptive or misleading including not impersonating or falsely representing any other person or organisation
- you do not have a legal right to post (e.g. material that infringes the copyright)
- advertises, offers or promotes anything of a commercial nature (e.g. that may breach the Spam Act 2003 (Cth))
- would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability or is otherwise illegal or unlawful
You must also not:
- post any personal information (e.g. names, e-mail or private addresses, phone numbers, photographs) relating to yourself or anyone else
- introduce any virus or other form of malicious code into the social media channels
- deliberately disrupt discussions (e.g. trolling)
- post irrelevant or excessively long material
- use our channels to defame, libel, insult, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or attack anyone
- remove or refuse to post any material you have submitted
- suspend or permanently block you from using our social media channels
- report your conduct to the owner of the relevant social media platform and to any appropriate law enforcement authorities
- take any other action, including legal action, which we consider to be appropriate
These actions are at our discretion.
- (61 2) 6272 3232
- (61 2) 6275 9880
Find out how you can contact us.