The following organisations deliver television and computer recycling services under the government approved co-regulatory arrangements for the National Television and Computer Recycling Scheme (NTCRS).
Approved co-regulatory arrangements
|Australia and New Zealand Recycling Platform Limited (TechCollect)||E-Cycle Solutions Pty Ltd|
Phone: 0407 274 823
Mobile: 0419 510 596
|Sustainable Product Stewards Pty Ltd||Activ Group Solutions Pty Ltd (Ecoactiv)|
Mobile: 0481 832 152
Mobile: 0410 555 671
Previously approved co-regulatory arrangement
Electronics Product Stewardship Australasia Pty Limited (EPSA)
- EPSA applied to have its approval as a co-regulatory arrangement cancelled. Their approval was subsequently cancelled on 30 June 2021.
MRI PSO Pty Ltd
- In September 2019, the department issued MRI PSO Pty Ltd (MRI PSO) with an improvement notice following MRI PSO’s failure to meet scheme outcomes in the 2016–17 and 2017-18 financial years.
- A review of MRI PSO's operations as an approved co regulatory arrangement was completed on 30 November 2020. The department has now finalised the findings of this review.
- Under s87 of the Recycling and Waste Reduction Act 2020 (Cth)(Act) the co-regulatory arrangement administered by MRI PSO Pty Ltd (MRI PSO) was cancelled on 15 April 2021.
Outcomes to be achieved
Co-regulatory arrangements are expected to achieve three key outcomes:
- provision of reasonable access to collection services in metropolitan, regional and remote areas
- annual recycling targets
- a material recovery target
Co-regulatory arrangements are expected to only undertake recycling at facilities that are certified to AS 5377 the Australian Standard for the collection, storage, transport and treatment of end-of-life electrical and electronic equipment.
This will ensure:
- a consistent industry standard for recycling scheme providers
- positive work health and safety outcomes.
Provide reasonable access
Approved co-regulatory arrangements must provide reasonable access to collection services as outlined in legislation.
This means that around 98 per cent of the population will have reasonable access to collection services. To provide flexibility to suit local circumstances and ensure consistency with the co-regulatory nature of the scheme, a collection service can take a variety of forms including:
- a permanent collection site at a local waste transfer station or retail outlet
- a one-off event.
Meet recycling targets
Annual targets for recycling are set in the Rules.
Each co-regulatory arrangement is responsible for achieving their member’s share of the scheme’s targets.
Meet material recovery targets
A material recovery target of 90 per cent is set in the Rules.
This target requires each co-regulatory arrangement to ensure that at least 90 per cent of the weight of material they recycle in the financial year is sent for further processing into useable materials.
Provide annual reports
Approved co-regulatory arrangements are required to provide independently audited, annual reports to the department. These reports are published by the department. Co-regulatory arrangements report on their role as day-to-day administrators of the scheme, including:
- membership details
- collection and storage of products
- product recycling
- product export
- details on contracted service providers
- details of any environmental or work, health and safety actions.
The department publishes reports in the form provided by arrangement administrators. The information contained in them does not reflect the Department’s views on the operation of the arrangements.
- Australia and New Zealand Recycling Platform Limited - Annual Report 2019-20
- Electronic Product Stewardship Australasia - Annual Report 2019-20
- Ecycle Solutions - Annual Report 2019-20
- MRI PSO – Annual Report 2019-20
- More annual reports
Note - The approved co-regulatory arrangement administered by MRI PSO Pty Ltd was cancelled on 15th April 2021. This annual report is published as provided and the department does not guarantee its accuracy.
If you are a liable party and need to join one of these arrangements, contact them directly for information about membership services and fees. Find out how to calculate recycling target.
Become a co-regulator
If you are interested in seeking approval for a new co-regulatory arrangement, please contact the Television and Computer Regulation Team by emailing email@example.com or calling 1800 332 783.