EPBC Act Policy Statement
About this draft policy statement
There are 9 nationally listed Brigalow Belt reptile species to which these draft guidelines apply. Eight of these species are listed as vulnerable species under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) whilst the Retro Slider (Lerista allanae) is listed as endangered under the Act. Listed threatened species such as these are a matter of national environmental significance.
This policy statement is intended to provide guidance to proponents on the need to refer an action to which the EPBC Act applies.
This policy statement should be read in conjunction with Significant impact guidelines 1.1 - matters of national environmental significance.
There may be other EPBC Act policy statements which provide further guidance.
About the public comment process
The public comment period for these guidelines has now closed. If you have any new research or information on the species which can contribute to future policy revisions, or if you have any questions on the guidelines, please contact Species Information Section at:
Mail: Species Information Section
Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities
GPO Box 787
Canberra ACT 2601
Fax: 02 6274 2875
- Anomalopus mackayi - Five-clawed Worm-skink, Long-legged Worm-skink - SPRAT Profile
- Delma labialis - Striped-tailed Delma, Single-striped Delma - SPRAT Profile
- Delma torquata - Collared Delma - SPRAT Profile
- Denisonia maculata - Ornamental Snake - SPRAT Profile
- Egernia rugosa - Yakka Skink - SPRAT Profile
- Furina dunmalli - Dunmall's Snake - SPRAT Profile
- Lerista allanae - Allan's Lerista, Retro Slider - SPRAT Profile
- Lerista vittata - Mount Cooper Striped Lerista - SPRAT Profile
- Paradelma orientalis - Brigalow Scaly-foot - SPRAT Profile