On this page you will find documents relating to bilateral agreements between the Commonwealth and the State of Queensland relating to environmental assessment and approval.
Assessment Bilateral Agreement
Assessment bilateral agreements have existed with all states and territories since 2015.
About the agreement
The bilateral agreement between the Commonwealth of Australia and the State of Queensland relating to environmental assessment (the assessment bilateral agreement) allows the Commonwealth Minister for the Environment to rely on specified environmental impact assessment processes of the State of Queensland in assessing actions under the EPBC Act.
Agreement between the Commonwealth of Australia and the State of Queensland relating to Environmental Assessment
Department of the Environment, 18 December 2014
- Queensland Assessment Bilateral Agreement (PDF - 3.08 MB) | (DOCX - 72.29 KB)
- Queensland Assessment Bilateral Agreement (as amended) (PDF - 219.79 KB) | (DOCX - 66.54 KB)
- Agreement notice (PDF - 15.86 KB) | (DOCX - 22.94 KB)
- Report on comments (PDF - 119.2 KB) | (DOCX - 27.68 KB)
- Statement of reasons (PDF - 1.35 MB) | Statement of reasons (DOCX - 52.71 KB)
Approval Bilateral Agreement
The Australian Government is putting in place approval bilateral agreements with states and territories. The first step is to publish a notice of intent to develop an environmental approval bilateral agreement.