We support evidence-based decision making by:
- providing environmental and geospatial information products, advice, analysis and tools
- linking our priorities with environmental information and research
- adding value to our high priority activities.
We enable geospatial (location) data by providing supported geographic information systems (GIS). These systems:
- allow for interactive mapping, reporting and analysis
- provide a platform for accessing our geospatial datasets.
Our environmental data
You can access and download our key datasets as web services.
Our data includes:
- distribution modelling of listed species and ecological communities (SPRAT)
- vegetation information (NVIS)
- heritage sites (AHDb)
- collaborative Australian Protected Areas Database (CAPAD)
- Interim Biogeographic Regionalisation for Australia (IBRA).
Supporting how we regulate
We support our environmental regulatory function by developing different projects and applications. These help us collect, manage, and use data to make decisions.
Visit our catalogue of Databases and Applications to see what other products we support.