We have started a review of Australian conditions for hatching eggs of poultry
Steps to complete this risk analysis
When we do a risk analysis, we:
- start the risk analysis by reviewing the science on pests and diseases of concern
- assess and analyse biosecurity risks
- develop proposed risk management measures
- consult the public on the draft report and then review comments
- publish a final report
- develop import conditions
- publish import conditions in our Biosecurity Import Conditions System (BICON)
About the review
This review will assess the existing import conditions for fertile eggs for hatching to Australia.
We will consider the import of chicken, duck and turkey eggs for both commercial and hobby (fancy breed) enterprises. We will also consider the import of goose eggs and, if there is sufficient commercial interest, quail and pheasant eggs.
Throughout the review, we will provide interested stakeholders several opportunities to engage and provide input. We will provide multiple points for stakeholder feedback on draft iterations of the review prior to a final draft for comment.
At this early stage of the review, we are seeking your feedback on specific issues with Australia’s current import conditions and additional issues you believe should be included in the review.
Make a submission
You are invited to:
- read the draft scoping document and the current import conditions
- submit your feedback by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- submissions should be received by 22 October 2021.
Download the draft scoping document
Department of Agriculture Water and the Environment, September 2021
|Hatching eggs review - draft scoping document for comment PDF||11||229 KB|
|Hatching eggs review - draft scoping document for comment DOCX||11||33 KB|
If you have difficulty accessing these files, visit web accessibility for assistance.
We will review your feedback and finalise the scope of the review.
We will then:
- assess the potential biosecurity risks
- propose appropriate risk management measures where available
- prepare a draft report.
For more information about this review email Animal Biosecurity.
Register as a stakeholder
Register as a stakeholder to receive notices about animal biosecurity policy.
Learn more about why we carry out risk analyses and our international obligations.