The Biosecurity Futures group was established in November 2019 and provides strategic industry advice to the Minister responsible for Agriculture on matters relevant to Australia’s biosecurity system. This includes:
- current and emerging biosecurity risks
- challenges and opportunities for the system.
The Minister for Agriculture and Northern Australia chairs the group.
Members are drawn from a cross-section of industries and supply chains where biosecurity is an important factor.
- Paul Zalai, Freight and Trade Alliance
- Margo Andrae, Australian Pork Limited
- Stephen Annells, Fertilizer Australia
- Carolyn McGill, Food and Beverage Importers Association
- Jane Lovell, Organic Systems
- Tania Constable, Mineral Council of Australia
- Tony Mahar, National Farmers’ Federation
- Margy Osmond, Tourism and Transport Forum
- Mike Gallacher, Ports Australia
Meetings are held at the minister’s request.
Terms of reference
Read the terms of reference for the Biosecurity Futures group.
These terms of reference set the scope of the group’s role. The minister can also seek the group’s views or advice on specific matters.
|Biosecurity Futures group terms of reference PDF||1||208 KB|
|Biosecurity Futures group terms of reference DOCX||1||24 KB|
If you have difficulty accessing these files, visit web accessibility for assistance.