23 June 2021
Who does this notice affect?
First point of entry (FPOE) operators, aircraft and vessel operators, shipping agents, airlines, importers, brokers and others.
What has changed?
New FPOE determinations commenced on 16 June 2021, replacing transitional determinations previously in place at four FPOE. The airports and ports with new determinations are:
- Alice Springs Airport
- Christmas Island International Airport
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands Airport
- Port of Port Adelaide
As a result, there have been changes to the classes of aircraft, vessels or goods permitted to arrive at these FPOE, as well as changes to the biosecurity entry points (BEP) for classes of aircraft, vessels or goods at these FPOE. Changes include:
- Alice Springs Airport is now an FPOE for aircraft generally and for crew baggage. Asia Pacific Aircraft Storage is the sole BEP for aircraft and goods at the airport. Any aircraft planning to arrive at Alice Springs Airport and not proceeding to Asia Pacific Aircraft Storage must seek prior permission to land from the department.
- Christmas Island International Airport is now an FPOE for aircraft generally and for goods other than live horses. Christmas Island Airport International Terminal has been designated as the sole BEP for baggage.
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands Airport is now an FPOE for aircraft generally and for goods other than live horses. Cocos (Keeling) Islands International Terminal has been designated as the sole BEP for baggage.
- Port of Port Adelaide is now an FPOE for vessels other than non-commercial vessels, and for goods other than live horses, non-commercial vessel baggage and non-commercial vessel waste. Non-commercial vessels planning to arrive at the port must seek prior permission from the department. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. BEP have also changed for the classes of vessels and goods permitted at the port.
It is the obligation of the person in charge or operator of an aircraft, and of a vessel’s master, owner or agent, to ensure the aircraft or vessel complies with the relevant FPOE determination. Operators and other stakeholders should consult relevant FPOE determinations to ensure that their proposed aircraft, vessel or goods movements are compliant with the current determinations.
Please follow the links to determinations provided above. Determinations can also be found via the search tool on the Federal Register of Legislation website.
Please see the department’s website for further information about FPOE and non-first points of entry:
For additional information please contact email@example.com.