13 July 2020
Who does this notice affect?
Importers and brokers of:
- Fresh avocados from New Zealand
- Fresh blueberries from New Zealand
- Fresh capsicums and peppers from New Zealand
- Fresh stone fruit and cherries from New Zealand and the United States of America
- Fresh oranges from the United States of America
- Fresh lemons and limes from the United States of America
What has changed?
The department is in the process of decommissioning all of the OPIN ACC codes to support the cessation of the offshore pre-shipment inspection program, which were previously required to recognise certain goods being imported under the OPI program. This change is scheduled to take effect on Monday 13 July 2020.
The department will still require importers and brokers to lodge a range of imported goods with an ACC commodity code (ORAN, TRUF, LEMO) in the Integrated Cargo System (ICS), or in their broker third party software to qualify for the Compliance Based Intervention Scheme (CBIS).
A full list of goods that require ACC codes can be found on the departments CBIS webpage. This information is also available in BICON under the relevant import conditions pathways.
If you have any further questions, please email Imports (Tier 2- CBIS) or telephone 1800 900 090.