19 October 2021
Attachment 1: Food categories listed in Section 1 ‘Food processing and storage facilities handling product for export to China that require department recommendation for registration with China’ and examples of Product descriptions and HS codes DOCX[9 pages, 91 KB]
Further to Industry Advice Notice (IAN) 2021-53, this IAN is to remind impacted industry that applications for recommendation for registration with General Administration of Customs of the People’s Republic of China (GACC) must be submitted by 5:00pm, Friday 22 October 2021.
- This applies to food processing facilities that carry out the final processing step for the following food categories, as well as storage facilities where product is subsequently handled prior to export to China. Detailed descriptions available in Attachment 1.
- Casings, eggs and egg products, bee products, edible fats and oils, stuffed wheaten food, edible grains, milled grain products and malt, fresh-kept/preserved and dehydrated vegetables and dry beans, condiments and seasonings, nuts and seeds, dry fruits, unroasted coffee and cocoa beans, food for special dietary uses, health foods.
- Food processing and storage facilities that are required to submit an application for recommendation for registration with GACC are encouraged to do so as soon as possible using our online service on or before 22 October 2021.
- If you are unsure whether you need to register your facility, refer to IAN 2021-53 for comprehensive information on registration requirements.
- We will be submitting the information to GACC on Thursday 28 October 2021.
A webinar on China’s new imported food requirements will be held on 22 October 21 at 1pm AEDT to provide more information about the requirements. The department encourages affected industry members to attend.
Interested parties must register to participate in the webinar.
Questions may be submitted in advance through Have your Say.
A/g Assistant Secretary
Plant Export Operations Branch
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.