8 October 2021
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to notify stakeholders of updates to the Plant Exports Management System (PEMS) that will allow external executive users to submit authorisation and certification requests directly through PEMS.
- In late October, PEMS will feature a new enhancement known as the Communications Workflow. This enhancement will allow AOs, exporters, EDI agents and establishment executives to submit Request For Permit (RFPs) authorisation requests and requests to issue the following certificates
- in-transit cold treatment (ITCT) certificates
- declaration and certificate as to condition (EX188)
- All other certificates must be requested via the current email process.
- The Communications Workflow will also automatically notify users when
- authorisations have been granted
- certificates are available in PEMS
- resubmission is required.
- To access this enhancement, you must register as a PEMS user. Information about how to register and the benefits of PEMS is detailed in IAN 2020-78 and 2020-72.
PEMS is an IT system that is used to capture and store information relating to the export of plants and plant products from Australia, including plant product export inspection, calibration results and transport units.
Further information about PEMS is available on the Plant Export Management System webpage.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email PEMS Administrator.
For more information about PEMS system integration, please contact the PEMS Technical Support team.
Plant Export Operations Branch