24 August 2020
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise that PEMS will now work on a mobile phone.
Summary of changes and key points
- PEMS now includes a mobile phone friendly
- You can take PEMS anywhere and use it anytime using your mobile Phone.
- This means that you can capture inspection and calibration data in real time.
- It is not an APP, you can access it by using the internet browser on your mobile phone to navigate to PEMS through the department's website.
- Your will need to log in each time you use PEMS—just like you would on any other device—to protect your security.
- Remember to bookmark the PEMS self-service page before you log in, not the home page.
- You can take a photo with your mobile phone, during your inspection, and attach it to the record.
- We have created a PEMS in your pocket factsheet with a few tips and tricks to get you started.
PEMS is an IT system that is used to capture and store information relating to the export of plants and plant products from Australia; including plant product export inspections, calibration results and transport units.
In May 2019, PEMS was made available to all plant export external Authorised Officers (AOs), exporters, EDI users and registered establishment executives, across Australia.
The use of PEMS will be mandatory from 1 October 2020.
Further information about PEMS is available on the Plant Export Management System webpage. Refer to IAN 2020-27, 2020-19, 2019-60, 2019-39, 2019-32, 2019-20, 2018-47 and 2018-55 for further background.
All AOs must be registered and using PEMS before the 1 October 2020 deadline. Submission of inspection/calibration records and supporting documentation via email will not be accepted after the deadline, unless the department has approved anexception.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email PEMS Administrator.
For more information about PEMS system integration, please contact the PEMS Technical Support team.
Plant Export Operations Branch