17 June 2020
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to notify interested exporters that applications for reservations of tariff rate quota for feed grain exports to Indonesia open on 22 June 2020.
Summary of changes and key points
- Exporters wishing to access the feed grain tariff rate quota (TRQ) to Indonesia in 2020 must submit a completed IA-CEPA feed grain TRQ reservation application from 22 June 2020 to the Quota Administration Unit.
- The application must include a signed sales contract. The contract must:
- include the full name and address of the exporter and importer
- include the importer’s reference number and Tax Id number
- be signed by both parties
- include a unique identifier/contract reference
- specify the commodity
- specify the total weight and number of consignments
- specify the date range within which certificate applications will be made (maximum range of 2 months).
- Completed applications are assessed in the order they are received.
You can access the application form at IA-CEPA feed grain TRQ reservation application
When the Indonesia-Australia Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (IA-CEPA) commences on 5 July 2020 the included TRQs will become available.
The IA-CEPA feed grain TRQ allows access for specified volumes of eligible products to be exported to Indonesia at reduced tariff rates when accompanied by a TRQ certificate. A total of 244,535 tonnes of feed grain is available for the 2020 quota year. The TRQ is administered by the department under a sales contract-based reservation system. Further details regarding products, tariff rates and administration can be found on the Indonesian feed grain quotas webpage.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email Quota Administration Unit.
Residues and Food Branch