15 June 2020
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise of Thailand Food and Drug Administration (FDA) changes to their residue testing on imports of fresh fruit and vegetables scheduled to be implemented 1 August 2020.
These changes may result in additional costs, requirements and delays clearing the border.
Summary of changes and key points
- This notice supersedes IAN 2020-31.
- Thailand FDA have published a Guideline for implementing surveillance measures for imported fresh fruit and vegetables .
- Currently this is published only in Thai. An unofficial English translation of the web page is provided in Annex 1.
- Implementation was initially scheduled for 15 June 2020 but is now scheduled for 1 August 2020.
- The department is seeking more information and clarification from the Thai FDA and will update industry if more information becomes available.
- In the meantime, the department recommends exporters monitor the Thai FDA webpage regularly and contact your importer for more information.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email Jenna Garwood.
Plant Export Operations Branch