31 July 2018
The purpose of this Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise Authorised Officers (AOs) of updates to the Reference: Table of horticulture protocol markets and Reference: Plant exports guide – Horticulture inspection techniques to include avocadoes to Japan.
Summary of changes and key points
- The Reference: Table of horticulture protocol markets has been updated to include avocadoes to Japan.
- The Reference: Plant exports guide – Horticulture inspection techniques has been updated to provide inspection techniques for hard green avocados to Japan.
- In May 2018, Japan released a new protocol agreement for Hass avocado fruit to Japan.
- For further information on the new protocol, please refer to IAN 2018-16.
- AOs holding the HEP4001:5D Export inspection horticulture protocol – tropical fruit job function are the only AOs authorised to conduct export inspection for avocadoes to protocol markets (Japan and Thailand).
- Existing AOs wishing to add the HEP4001:5D job function to their appointment can do so by completing the Authorised Officer change of job function form available on the department’s website. All forms must be accompanied by evidence of the appropriate pre-requisite competencies.
- New applicants wishing to apply for the HEP4001:5D job function can do so by completing the Authorised Officer application form available on the department’s website. All applications must be accompanied by evidence of the appropriate pre-requisite competencies.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email the Horticulture Exports Program.
Mr David Ironside
Plant Export Operations Branch