30 July 2018
The purpose of this Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise the Tasmanian apple and pear industry that applications are now open for the accreditation of:
- apple orchards, packhouses, cold stores and fumigation facilities to export to China, Japan, Taiwan or Thailand in the 2018–19 season
- pear orchards and packhouses to export to Thailand in the 2018–19 season.
- Applications must be submitted by 5pm AEST, Friday, 25 August 2018.
- The Department of Agriculture and Water Resources can only accredit an entity for export if all protocol requirements are met.
- Entities will be audited before being accredited.
- All costs associated with audit are the responsibility of industry.
For specific market requirements refer to the relevant workplan and protocol on the Manual of Importing Country Requirements (MICoR) Plants website. To access these documents, you must be a registered MICoR Plant user.
Each relevant export entity must submit an annual application for accreditation. Please use the attached application form. Forms must be completed and returned to Fruit Growers Tasmania Inc by 5pm AEST, Friday, 25 August 2018.
Fruit Growers Tasmania Inc.
Phone: 03 6169 2059
Fax: 03 6231 1929
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email Horticulture Exports Program.
Mr David Ironside
Plant Export Operations Branch
Department of Agriculture and Water Resources, July 2018
Application for accreditation of Tasmanian orchards, packhouses, cold stores and fumigation facilities for the export of apples and pears to protocol markets – 2018–19 Season.
If you have difficulty accessing these files, visit web accessibility for assistance.