9 July 2018
The purpose of this Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise authorised officers of an update to the Reference: Plant exports compliance, approval and running records user guide on the Plant Export Operations Manual (PEOM).
Summary of changes and key points
- The user guide has been re-written as a Work Instruction: Completing plant export compliance, approval and running records to meet the Department of Agriculture and Water Resource’s requirements for instructional material.
- The requirements for ruling off blank spaces, to prevent the unauthorised addition of details to the record, has been expanded to include striking out in any manner.
- The requirements around third party software generated forms has changed.
- Previously, records generated by third party software had to be ‘identical to the manual forms available on the department’s website’.
- The policy has been revised to ‘records generated by third party software are acceptable if they provide the same information as the manual records available on the department’s website’.
- Electronic signatures have been included as an acceptable means of signing a record.
- The policy point—authorised officers must complete the record within 24 hours of completing their inspection—has been added.
- The department is currently reviewing all compliance, approval and running records. Changes will be notified through an IAN as they occur.
Inspection: Authorised Officers must ensure that records signed after 23 July 2018 comply with the new instructional material.
Certification: Records signed after 23 July 2018 will be assessed for compliance against the new instructional material.
If you have any questions regarding the content of the new instruction material please email the Information Management Team.
Mr David Ironside
Plant Export Operations Branch