Date of issue: 19 October 2021
Date of effect: From 1 January 2022
Reference Number: MAA2021-41 (Dairy), MAA2021-22 (Seafood), MAA2021-16 (NPG)
Related: MAA2021-38&40 (Dairy), MAA2021-20&21 (Seafood), MAA2021-14&15 (NPG)
- Industries—Industry bodies – Dairy Australia, Dairy Export Industry Consultative Committee, Infant Nutrition Council and Seafood Export Consultative Committee, Export dairy and seafood establishments, Australian Food and Grocery Council and Australian Honey Bee Industry Council.
- Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment —Central and Regional offices
A reminder that online applications for food processing and storage facilities handling product for export to China that require department recommendation for registration are required by 5pm Friday 22 October 2021.
Summary of key points
- Further to Market Access Advice MAA2021-38&40 (Dairy), MAA2021-20&21 (Seafood) and MAA2021-14&15 (NPG), the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment is providing a reminder that online applications for food processing and storage facilities handling products for export to China that require department recommendation for registration are required by 5pm (AEDT) Friday 22 October 2021.
- Food processing and storage facilities that are required to submit an application are encouraged to do so through the online service by 5 pm (AEDT) Friday 22 October 2021. If you are unsure about whether you need to register your facility refer to MAA2021-40 (Dairy), MAA2021-21 (Seafood) or MAA2021-15 (NPG).
- The department will be submitting the information to the General Administration of Customs of the People’s Republic of China (GACC) on Thursday 28 October 2021.
A webinar on China’s new imported food requirements will be held at 1pm (AEDT) 22 October 2021 to provide more information about the requirements. The department encourages industry members to attend. Registrations are required to participate in the webinar.
Please register for the webinar through the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_7wy6eL0aQhKCVkR96IKbew
Questions may be submitted in advance through the following link: https://haveyoursay.awe.gov.au/food-to-china
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.