29 May 2020
|Export Advisory Notice 2020-12 PDF||2||525 KB|
If you have difficulty accessing this file, please visit web accessibility.
- Australian Government Accredited Veterinarians (AAVs)
- Australian Livestock Exporters' Council
- Department Officers
- Livestock Exporters
- Meat and Livestock Australia
To advise stakeholders that the department has published a new policy for applying for alternative arrangements to competent stock handler requirements on freighter aircraft, as provided for under standard 6.1.25 of the Australian Standards for the Export of Livestock (ASEL) 3.0.
- The Competent stock handlers on freighter aircraft – applying for alternative arrangements in accordance with ASEL 3.0 policy is now available on the transitioning to ASEL 3.0 webpage.
- This policy outlines the process for consignment by consignment applications, as provided for under standard 6.1.25 of ASEL 3.0.
- During the transition to ASEL 3.0, the department will actively engage with exporters and other key stakeholders on the changes and process for transition to ASEL 3.0 for all consignments exported on or after 1 November 2020. Information on the transition to ASEL 3.0 can be found on the department’s transitioning to ASEL 3.0 webpage.
- On 22 April 2020, the department published a new version of ASEL. ASEL 3.0 will apply to all consignments exported on or after 1 November 2020. ASEL 2.3 continues to apply for all consignments exported on or before 31 October 2020.
Live Animal Export Branch
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Phone: 02 6272 4581