18 April 2019
|Export Advisory Notice 2019-05 PDF||2||64 KB|
If you have difficulty accessing these files, please visit web accessibility.
Species: All livestock exported by sea
- Department Officers
- Livestock Exporters
- Meat and Livestock Australia / LiveCorp
- Australian Government Accredited Veterinarians
- Registered Premises Operators
To inform all licensed livestock exporters of the department’s intention to implement certain recommendations related to stocking density from the Review of the Australian Standards for the Export of Livestock (ASEL): sea transport final report (the final report) for all livestock consignments that depart Australia, by sea, from 1 June 2019.
On 11 April 2019 the department issued an Export Advisory Notice (EAN) 2019-03 entitled ‘Implementation of certain ASEL Review recommendations on 1 May 2019’.
After further consultation the department has decided to delay the implementation of the ASEL recommendations contained in EAN 2019-03 until 1 June 2019. As a result, EAN 2019-03 should be disregarded.The department still intends to implement the requirements through an administrative order subject to the existing legislative process. The order is expected to include specific information in relation to the changes for 1 June 2019 including pen space information.
- Note that the department will notify lice censed exporters once the new order is finalised.
- Licensed livestock exporters must ensure that all consignments of livestock exported by sea from midnight (0000 hours), 1 June 2019 are able to comply with the requirements.
- Licensed livestock exporters sourcing and preparing livestock for export to or through the Middle East during the 2019 Northern Hemisphere summer must still comply with EAN 2019-04 issued by the department on 11 April 2019.
Live Animal Exports Branch
Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
Contact officers: Tim Naylor
Phone: 02 6272 4581
Email: Live Stock Exports