We regulate the export of fish and fish products from Australia. This ensures that goods:
- comply with export laws
- meet importing country requirements.
Laws and regulations
Regulation assures our trading partners that our goods are safe to import.
Our export laws define:
- types of products regulated (prescribed)
- your obligations, if you are involved in the export of regulated products.
We can help you understand your obligations under Australian export laws.
Importing country requirements
You must meet all importing country requirements for your goods. This applies to everyone involved in the export supply chain.
Before you export:
- check our Manual of Importing Country Requirements (Micor)
- talk to the importing country authority through your importer.
You are responsible for declaring prescribed goods are fit for export.
Make sure you meet all requirements for fish exporters.
If you also manufacture or process fish products for export, you must register your establishment.
Export registered establishments
If you prepare or handle prescribed fish and fish products for export, you must register with us. This includes:
- Australian fish ingredient suppliers
- freight forwarders
- storage facilities
- those who store or load goods for export (excluding the wharf and airport terminal)
- vessels where product is packed on board for export.
You are responsible for handling goods in line with export requirements. You may also generate export documents and certificates.
Read more about responsibilities of export registered establishments.
Online services and systems
You must register in our Export Documentation System (EXDOC) to link your name and details in export documents.
Check the Manual of Importing Country Requirements (Micor) for an updated list of export requirements from specific importing countries.
We use these to inform industry of changes to:
- laws and regulations
- market access conditions
- operational requirements.
Other government agencies and industry bodies can also help you get export ready.
Fees and charges
Our fees and charges are available in our charging guidelines.