Date of issue: 18 November 2020
Date of effect: Immediate
Reference Number: MAA2020-08
- Industries—Industry bodies – Australian Egg Corporation Limited
- Export registered egg processing establishments
- Licensed exporters
- Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment—Central and Regional offices
To notify exporters that Australia has been approved for the export of eggs to Sri Lanka, effective immediately.
Summary of key points
- Following the recent Notifiable Avian Influenza (NAI) outbreak in Australia, the department has re-established access for egg products to Sri Lanka.
- Export of egg products from Australia to Sri Lanka must be accompanied by an EX46EG with the following endorsements:
Endorsement 6455 – Egg powder sourced from states free from NAI
The respective state of Australia from which the eggs are originated for the production of egg powder is free from Notifiable Avian Influenza.
Endorsement 6456 – Egg products subject to heat treatments sufficient to inactivate NAI
The finished product has been subjected to a heat treatment sufficient to inactivate Avian Influenza virus in accordance with the OIE Terrestrial Animal Health Code.
- The department encourages all exporters to work with their importer to ensure that the product meets importing country requirements.
- The Manual of Importing Country Requirements (MICoR) will be updated to reflect the requirements.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.