The department is designing a modern and streamlined enhanced exports traceability system to support overseas market access for exports of agricultural product.
The program will include developing a new export documentation system (NEXDOC), modernising the existing IT system platforms of EXDOC (Export Documentation System), the export establishment registration database (ER) and will incorporate the Tracking Animal Certification Exports (TRACE) system and enhancements to the Plant Exports Management System (PEMS).
Modernisation activities will strengthen Australia’s reputation as a provider of high-quality agricultural commodities, underpinned by robust, digitally enhanced services and regulatory practices. This will allow industry to be more competitive in international markets by reducing regulatory costs, while maintaining our strong regulatory reputation.
Australian export industries will benefit from upgraded systems that will provide modern and updated platforms capable of integrating with supporting systems and new technologies. Export documentation supported within the systems include:
- export permits as required by the Export Control Act
- export certificates as required by importing country authorities
- extra certificates that support the export (such as transit certificates).
Honey to Malaysia is the latest commodity to transition onto NEXDOC. Dairy transitioned in May 2021. The department is now focusing on incrementally onboarding commodities that currently obtain their export documentation manually. To find out more on transition commodities to NEXDOC.
There are many benefits of using the system including:
- improved product traceability by providing increased visibility across the whole export supply chain
- modern technology that integrates with other systems
- automated processes instead of manual processes
- 24/7 self-service
- improved reporting
- interactive workflow processes
- ability to generate an export certification with a unique QR code as well as the certificate number, to improve tracking and security
- ability to liaise with the department directly through the system.
For information on more exports systems visit:
Access the new system
When your commodity is available, you can access the system through:
- the NEXDOC portal housed on the online service portal on the department’s website, or
- third-party software.
If you are using a third-party software solution, ensure you discuss the transition with your provider. To understand more about user profiles, please visit NEXDOC Help.
Find out more on how to access NEXDOC.
NEXDOC is now online and helping create faster and lower cost pathways to markets for our farmers and exporters.
Watch our Deputy Secretary David Hazlehurst outline NEXDOC’s benefits below.
|NEXDOC online MP4 HD 1080p||163 MB|
|Video transcript - NEXDOC online DOCX||76 KB|
If you have difficulty accessing these files, visit web accessibility for assistance.