The innovation fund complements other components of the Combating IUU fishing and promoting sustainable fisheries in Southeast Asia Program. It provides flexible funding for new ideas that arise over the life of the program. These ideas must align with the overall program goal and outcomes.
How it works
The SEA-RIFF can also be used to fund the extension or scaling up of existing efforts to disrupt IUU fishing. Examples of activities that could be funded include:
- regional MCS workshop
- study tours to Australia
- loan programs for MCS related technology/equipment.
The flexibility of the funding allows Australia to consider funding ideas facilitating program goals and outcomes. We can also assist partners to develop proposals.
Funding for SEA-RIFF activities is available from 2022 to 2026.
Activities will be designed on a case-by-case basis with ongoing communication between relevant stakeholders. We encourage partners to submit ideas for consideration early in the program.
Criteria for the SEA-RIFF
- SEA-RIFF funding is available to all pre-existing RPOA-IUU countries.
- Activities must have equal access for men and women, including people with disabilities.
- We will assess all applications for support through the SEA-RIFF based on their contribution towards expected end of program outcomes and the overall goal of the program.
Strengthen and support combating IUU fishing in Southeast Asia.
- Responsible fisheries agencies across Southeast Asia have enhanced MCS capacity by 2026.
- Strengthened regional cooperation and improved gender inclusivity on fisheries management and MCS amongst Southeast Asian countries by 2026.
How to apply
Apply for funding by completing the concept note.
Once we assess the concept note as eligible for support, one of our program officials will contact you to discuss it. They may ask (and help if necessary) the submitter to develop a formal proposal.
Once the proposal details have been agreed by all relevant stakeholders, the proposal can be submitted and formally considered for approval.
If you’re not ready to complete the form, we’re happy to discuss your ideas and work together to see how we may best be able to collaborate and strengthen efforts to disrupt IUU Fishing.