State and territory regulations
While the Australian Government has a number of important functions in relation to aquaculture, state and territory governments have primary responsibility for regulating aquaculture in Australia.
If you are interested in starting an aquaculture business in Australia, your relevant state or territory government department can provide you with more information. The links below provide information on aquaculture in the states and Northern Territory.
- New South Wales Department of Primary Industries
- Western Australia Department of Fisheries
- Queensland Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
- South Australia Department of Primary Industries and Regions SA
- Northern Territory Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries
- Victorian Fisheries Authority
- Tasmania Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment