The Australian Government has committed $5.4 million to the Improving market and price transparency in perishable agricultural goods (PAG) industries program.
It follows the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission’s (ACCC) inquiry into PAG which recommends governments and industries explore ways to increase price transparency in PAG industries, in order to increase competition in those industries.
The program includes:
- Workshops with PAG industries to understand their market transparency requirements
- A grants program for PAG industries to develop and put in place tailored mechanisms to improve price and market transparency.
The workshops are being held between August and December 2021. They provide an opportunity to discuss:
- price and market transparency issues in each sector
- co-design projects to improve market transparency.
After the workshops are complete, sectors will be invited to apply for funding supply chain projects that generate:
- products or processes that improve market transparency.
|Communique - Seafood Industry Workshop 1 PDF||2||285 KB|
|Communique - Seafood Industry Workshop 1 DOCX||2||716 KB|
|Communique - Wine Grapes Industry Workshop 1 PDF||2||275 KB|
|Communique - Wine Grapes Industry Workshop 1 DOCX||2||716 KB|
|Communique - Chicken Meat Industry Workshop 1 PDF||2||280 KB|
|Communique - Chicken Meat Industry Workshop 1 DOCX||2||716 KB|
If you have difficulty accessing these files, please visit web accessibility for assistance.