We take mental health, wellbeing and suicide in rural and regional Australia seriously. We recognise that people living and working on farms are subject to economic, climatic and social pressures. These pressures can affect their wellbeing, particularly during times of drought.
We fund local governments and community organisations to provide free support services such as:
- family support services
- one-to-one counselling
- outreach support
- community mental health and wellbeing events
- advice and referrals.
Our goal is to improve access to mental health and suicide prevention services for people in regional and remote areas.
Need help now?
If you or someone you know needs immediate help, contact:
- Lifeline Australia 13 11 14
- beyondblue 1300 22 46 36
- Mensline Australia 1300 78 99 78
- Kids Help Line 1800 55 18 00
- Suicide Callback Service 1300 659 467
Support in your area
Call the Farmer Assistance Hotline 13 23 16 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm local time).
Find local support and information on programs and services available:
- Family and mental health support — Department of Social Services.
- Payments and services for rural Australians — Department of Human Services.