The Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act) gives you a legal right to request access to material held by the government.
You can submit an FOI request to access documents.
Access your documents
Some information is available to you without an FOI request. For example, documents containing your personal information.
Contact us to request a copy of your documents.
Publicly available documents
Before you make an FOI request, check what is already publicly available. Check what we publish:
- Information Publication Scheme
- FOI disclosure logs at agriculture.gov.au and environment.gov.au
- corporate information on this website
- any other information at agriculture.gov.au and environment.gov.au
Make an FOI request
Our department was established on 1 February 2020. Before this, we were the:
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of the Environment and Energy (Environment portfolio)
Visit the relevant website to access FOI logs and make a request.
You can also browse the old website in the NLA archive. See past Agriculture web pages.
You can also browse the old website in the NLA archive. See past Environment web pages.