We are one of Australia’s largest employers of veterinarians. Our Veterinary stream develops graduates to become vets that work in our department. They support our nationally important functions and responsibilities.
Areas of work
Your work with us will include a rotation in these areas:
- veterinary policy
- operational areas of the department
- our Post Entry Quarantine facility in Melbourne
- our Veterinary and Export Meat Group in Melbourne and Sydney
- Diverse workplace rotations
- Question Time and Senate Estimates visits
- Attending Australian Public Service Commission (APSC) graduate events
- Targeted learning and development to support you in the program
- Inclusion in our graduate network, access to a buddy and engagement with the executive
How to apply
Applications for the 2021 Graduate Development Program open 1 April 2020.
You will be required to submit a 1000 word statement. It must outline:
- your reason for applying
- what personal qualities you will bring to the role
- how you intend to apply those qualities in a professional capacity
You must also upload a copy of your CV and academic transcript. Read more about how to apply.