We are one of Australia’s largest employers of veterinarians. Our Veterinary Science stream develops graduates to become veterinarians that work in our department and support our nationally important functions and responsibilities.
Areas of work
Your work with us may include a rotation in these areas:
- veterinary policy
- operational areas of the department
- our Post Entry Quarantine facility in Melbourne
- our Veterinary and Export Meat Group at locations such as Melbourne and Sydney
- Diverse workplace rotations
- Question Time and Senate Estimates visits (pending COVID-19 restrictions)
- Attending Australian Public Service Commission (APSC) graduate events (pending COVID-19 restrictions)
- Targeted learning and development to support you in the program
- Inclusion in our graduate network, access to a buddy, and engagement with the executive
How to apply
Applications for the 2023 Graduate Development Program open 7 March 2022.
You will be required to submit a 500 word statement. It must outline:
- your reason for applying
- what personal qualities you will bring to the role
- how you intend to apply those qualities in a professional capacity
You must also upload a copy of your CV and academic transcript. Read more about how to apply.