Our work is incredibly diverse. As a graduate in our Generalist stream, you will get to take full advantage of this through the variety of workplace rotations.
Areas of work
Your work with us could range from:
- the nation’s biosecurity safety
- biodiversity conservation
- National Parks and heritage
- fresh produce
- animal welfare
- waste and recycling
- international trade
In each rotation you will perform real tasks and responsibilities. You will be fully immersed in the work of your team.
- Diverse workplace rotations
- Question Time and Senate Estimates visits
- Attending Australian Public Service Commission (APSC) graduate events
- Targeted learning and development to support you in the program
- Inclusion in our graduate network, access to a buddy and engagement with the executive
- An opportunity to apply for a work placement within one of our portfolio agencies or regional offices
How to apply
Applications for the 2021 Graduate Development Program open 1 April 2020.
You will be required to submit a 1000 word statement. It must outline:
- your reason for applying
- what personal qualities you will bring to the role
- how you intend to apply those qualities in a professional capacity
You must also upload a copy of your CV and academic transcript. Read more about how to apply.