We are now recruiting
We are looking for people who care about keeping Australia free of damaging pests and diseases.
As a Biosecurity Officer, you will make a valuable contribution to Australia’s agricultural, fisheries, food and forestry industries.
Who we are looking for
If you enjoy working as part of a team and want to help safeguard Australia’s natural resources, a career as a Biosecurity Officer may interest you.
We are looking for people from diverse backgrounds and encourage people from all walks of life to apply.
You could be a great fit if you are:
- inquisitive and curious
- focused with great attention to detail
- decisive, in line with legislation, with the ability to notice things others may not
- committed to demonstrating the highest levels of integrity
- professional and people focused
- keen to learn and be part of an organisation that will help you develop and grow
What to expect
On any given day you might find yourself:
- assessing documents for imported or exported commodities
- inspecting people, goods, aircraft and ships to safeguard Australia’s biosecurity and export markets
- managing items that don’t comply with our biosecurity legislation
- representing us as a regulator, upholding and explaining policies to industry, passengers or stakeholders
- answering questions and providing advice about biosecurity risk items such as food, meat and plant material
Meet the team
Transcript - Tanya DOCX [21 KB, 1 page]
Transcript - Emma DOCX [21 KB, 1 page]
Transcript - Sash DOCX [21 KB, 1 page]
Transcript - John DOCX [21 KB, 1 page]
What’s in it for you
As well as usual benefits, you’ll enjoy:
- a career that is challenging and rewarding, with variety and a real sense of responsibility
- the opportunity to grow your career in a large and diverse organisation
- training, development and support to succeed
- the opportunity to make a difference every day
Positions are currently available in Sydney, Darwin, Perth and Adelaide. Dog handling roles are available in Sydney.
If you are interested in dog handling roles, apply through the biosecurity officer positions. We will ask you to express your interest in the role during the selection process.
We will be advertising vacancies in Melbourne shortly, including dog handling roles.
Applications close on 9 February 2020 for the vacancies in Sydney, Darwin, Perth and Adelaide.