We offer exciting opportunities across different areas of expertise. Our staff work around Australia and overseas. Ongoing (permanent) and non-ongoing (temporary) roles are available.
Our department was established on 1 February 2020. Before this, we were:
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of the Environment and Energy (Environment portfolio)
See our current job vacancies.
Temporary job register
The Temporary Employment Register enables us to access appropriately skilled and experienced individuals at short notice for short term employment opportunities. Positions available through the Temporary Employment Register will be for a fixed term and may be on a full-time, part-time or casual basis, depending on the business needs and requirements.
You can register your interest in non-ongoing opportunities with the Department. Complete an application in our online recruitment system. Applications will remain on our temporary register for six months. After this date your application will be deleted, and you will need to reapply online if you are still interested in working with the Department.
To work with us you need to:
- be an Australian citizen
- complete 6 months of probation
- have a pre-employment medical assessment
- character and police checks
- reference checks
- formal qualifications checks, if applicable
You can’t apply if you have recently received a redundancy from another public service agency. You must wait until your redundancy period expires.
Salary and conditions
Find out more about benefits and conditions for staff. This includes:
- pay scales
- leave and flexible work arrangements
- diversity and inclusion
- learning and development
When you apply
Make sure you:
- have read the job description and selection criteria
- apply by the specified closing date
What to include
You will need to:
- write a statement of claims addressing the selection criteria
- attach an up-to-date resume
- include details of at least 2 referees
Additional screening to assess your suitability may be required in some cases.
We work to enable all applicants with relevant skills and experience.
If you need special assistance, such as wheelchair access, include this on your application cover sheet.
For available board positions, see:
Agriculture portfolio skills database
We also keep a register for board, council, committee and task force memberships. Our boards play a vital role in ensuring Australia’s rural industries.
These roles are for the agriculture sector.
- complete the Registration of interest to serve on Agriculture portfolio bodies form [PDF 319KB]
- send your form to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information email email@example.com or phone 1800 900 090.